Pages

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Freshest Fade in Mississauga: GQ Hair Studio


You can't beat a fresh haircut. It speaks volumes. Essentially, having a fresh cut translates into being a well groomed person. A vibe you should definitely look to give off. My personal haircut of choice is the fade. Number 3 on the top and 0 at the bottom. I've had several different hairstyles in the past but I always gravitate back to this time-tested classic. It suits my head shape, it's very easy to maintain, it's a staple of  hip hop culture and most importantly, women love it! :)
Now, I've been to a few different barber shops and salons in my time and hands down, the best haircut in Mississauga can be found at GQ Hair Studio. I've been to the Trinabago's, Nappy's, Donato's and even *gasps* First Choice's but nothing quite compares. I'm not saying those places are horrible, but if you're looking for a new barber or you're looking to get your first fade, GQ is a great place to start. Here's why...

  1. They know how to cut hair! Everyone there is skilled at what they do and have a passion for cutting hair. On top of that, they're cool dudes.
  2. They speak ENGLISH! No offense to any Jamaican/Caribbean barber shops out there but I have no clue what you're saying. I can try and front like I understand patois but I can't. I wish I could speak it though...so damn cool! Conversation and communication are key anywhere you go. Whether it's giving directions on how you want your haircut or complaining about your girlfriend's ridiculous demands, conversation in the barbershop is conducive to a great haircut experience.
  3. Atmosphere: As mentioned above, there's always some sort of conversation going around. They also play some crazy tunes (house, hip hop, top 40 mashups). And you can wait around in comfort - leather couches and a flat screen (playing jersey shore or xbox 360).
Definitely check it out! You will not regret it. And I know I'll get asked but no, they did not put me up to this. The reason I dedicated a post to GQ Hair Studio is because it's a great barber shop in Mississauga. I've recommended it to a lot of friends and they're regulars too now.

1 comment: